Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Home Office Update

While we're on vacation, I figured I'd write about one of my many ongoing home improvement updates.  Enjoy!

So a long while ago I told you about a room I was converting into my home office and reading/relaxing space.  Well, to give you an update, I've settled on a color scheme (black furniture and mirrors, silver accents, aqua accessories).  I have all but one piece of furniture in the room - I'm still on the hunt for a new, tall book shelf to replace the cheap, faux-wood short one I have for my personal storage needs.  As mentioned yesterday, I just purchased a chrome garden stool to tuck under my second desk (one desk for working from home, another for making jewelry) and my mother is having pillows custom made for me in a fabric I picked out in Dallas.  And as you may have predicted, I shied away from my desired 'bright fabric' I hoped would spruce up the all black and white room and went with something a little more my taste (subtle and quiet but still pretty).  Enjoy a few sneak-peaks before the final reveal:

Swapped desk spaces as seen yesterday, and the rug pictured inspired the wall color
Wall and trim color and fabrics

A poorly lit 'before' picture.  Where I started over a year ago.  Slow, but sure, right?
And much still to do:
  • replace carpets with hardwoods
  • paint walls and window/door trim
  • purchase large bookshelf (hoping to find a Craigslist deal!)
  • paint seating bench bright aqua (if I dare)
  • paint file cabinet (from stark white to distressed black)
  • switch out knobs of desk and file cabinet with the crystal knobs that came with the piece in the entryway

Cheers!
Ana 

No comments:

Post a Comment