Friday, January 20, 2012

Good Grapes Destination: NashVEGAS

Last weekend I headed out of Dallas for a five day mini vacation to Nashville, TN and had SUCH a blast! The city reminds me a lot of my beloved Austin, TX with its incredible live music scene and laid back atmosphere. From the second I walked off the plane the sounds of Nashville engulfed me as even the airport bars had live performances of Nashville’s music up and comers. Some of my favorite parts of the weekend included spending the day on Music Row in downtown Nashville and popping into local bars to watch the live performances, a night out for dinner in The Gulch, brunch and bloody marys at Jackson’s Bar & Bistro in Hillsboro Village, eating at Jack’s BBQ (pulled pork sandwich and mac n cheese!) and walking around the beautiful Vanderbilt campus. It really was an incredible weekend and I hope to go back soon!  If you’re looking for a quick, fun and laid back getaway—definitely check out Nashville! 

Photo: Music Row in Nashville

Cheers!
Cristi

No comments:

Post a Comment