Friday, June 10, 2011

{Good Grapes Destination} Austin, TX


TGIF! I am so excited for this weekend! I will be heading southbound 35 to Austin, TX. I spent the past 6 years in Austin before moving back to Dallas and I miss it so much. Besides catching up with some of my best friends I'm looking forward to hitting up my favorite spots. South Congress Cafe's Carrot Cake French Toast and Crab Cake Eggs Benedict are to die for. While there, I will definitely be checking out the boutique shops of South Congress! Abel's on the Lake is the perfect day-drinking spot with its panoramic views of Lake Austin from the deck and their Texas Tea not only tastes great, it'll get you feelin' great! I don't know if I'll make it out to Lake Travis this trip, but that is my ultimate favorite spot in Austin. One place I do hope I make it to--Barton Springs, the natural springs pool is always a great way to cool off in the summer heat. It's also one of my favorite people-watching spots. After leaving Barton Springs in Zilker Park, I'll head to my all-time favorite trailer park eatery (Austin has a plethora of them) Flip Happy to the Nutella & Banana Crepe or I might stop and get a raspa (snow cone) at Sno Beach. The possibilities are endless! Finally, my trip to Austin wouldn't be complete without eating with my favorite uncle at our favorite restaurant--Moonshine. Their Cornbread-stuffed Rainbow Trout is phenomenal as is their Signature Skillet Apple Pie.  YUM! I can't wait! Austin is my Mecca of the perfect eating, drinking and recreational spots. I think Willie Nelson said it best when he said, "there's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas." Amen, Willie.

Cheers!
Cristi

No comments:

Post a Comment