Thursday, June 16, 2011

{Thrifty Thursday} Watering Can DIY

Sure, it's not the most important of accessories, so when I went to the hardware store for my gardening basics, I bought the cheapest watering can in the store because at the time I thought, "you won't care what it looks like anyway."   My $6 plastic watering can has served its purpose of watering my herbs and flower bed. 


But then while walking through a non-hardware store, I saw these! The price tag wasn't so friendly at $30.  But now that I had seen such pretty little things, I wanted them!  


So I decided $6 wasn't too much to waste, and went to the internet and found this, a little less than $30 but a lot more than my $6.  However, I really wanted that electric blue color I had seen.  Then the light bulb went off in my head!  Another trip to the hardware store and a $4 can of spray paint later...


The best part about the spray paint is I have more plans for it, so more 'bang for the buck' if you will!  And once again, I am a happy grape!

Cheers!
Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment