Thursday, July 25, 2013

{Thrifty Thursday} Modern Brass Hardware



It’s Thrifty Thursday and if there’s one person in need of saving a buck or two out there it is certainly me.  I’m sorry for neglecting the blog this summer, it has been a crazy one!  I’ve worked so much, mothered a busy toddler, planned a grand first birthday party, studied for a professional certification, overseen another house project, taken a much needed two week vacation, and played hostess to my sister – DC intern and fellow Three Good Grapes contributor, Cristi.  And oh by the way, the room under construction is none other than my work and craft space, so I just haven’t had a room to blog from.  Rest assured, I am, however, eating well and enjoying wine and will catch you up on ALL of this in time!

So for today let’s get to it.  I am totally crushing on brass hardware.  What was once thought of as dated and something straight out of grandma’s house is now my latest décor obsession.  I am very subtly introducing it to my décor scheme (as previously seen here).  This week, I decided to dress my new office cabinets with modern brass hardware and the result is even more chic than I anticipated. I’m in love!

A sneak peak at my new built in desks and center cabinet
New modern hardware pieces in brushed or polished brass are not cheap, but I was able to find these pulls for $6 each!  A $30 makeover to my cabinets and it looks like a totally different piece!  Stay tuned for before and after pics.  The electricians are installing the new light fixtures as we speak, so I’ll have some light to take pictures with later!

Amerock drawer pull in satin brass, $6, amazon.com

Loved the hardware on the OKL Kitchen Makeover blog post

The brassy bottom half of my cabinet
 Cheers!
Ana 

No comments:

Post a Comment