Wednesday, May 15, 2013

{Wine Wednesday}

 Wine Wednesday is here!  This week I'm writing about a wine I tasted at my first Wine Wednesday wine tasting.  A few of my neighborhood friends and I have decided to make Wine Wednesday a little more social and so two weeks ago we kicked off the Summer Wine Wednesday tasting parties.  The featured region was Piedmont and we each picked a wine from that region, read up on it, and came prepared to share with the group.  

The crowd favorite was the Terre d'Aleramo Barbera del Monferrato.  It was a good group choice because it wasn't to heavy but wasn't too light and had fruity notes on the finish yet was a bit earthier than some of the other wines we tried that night.  It was young, and we agreed we'd love to try it again after keeping it in the cellar a couple of years.  I'm growing to really like wines from the region, and have enjoyed the Barbera varietal in particular.



Cheers!
Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment