Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Another Lovely Salad!

Greetings, fellow good grapes.  I don't know what's gotten into me, or why I'm eating so many salads, but that's what I'm craving and that's what I'm making.

This is a salad I wanted to recreate at home after a recent trip to visit friends and family in Dallas.  Inspired by a salad I enjoyed at a restaurant there, I thought what so many of us think when we over pay for something because it happens to sound delicious: "This is so good.  I bet you I can MAKE this!"  So that's what I did and I will share how:


Ingredients: 
Summer salad
romaine lettuce (1 head shredded)
chicken breast, seasoned and cooked
avocado
mango
pineapple
jicama
grape tomatoes

dressing (recipe previously posted)
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup cilantro
juice of 1 large orange
juice of 2 limes
1/2 cup olive oil
 

Preparation:
Prepare chicken as desired, slice or shred.  I seasoned with a little bit of Adobo, a little paprika, and some pepper, then broiled on low until cooked throughout.  
Chop fruit, avocado and tomatoes (technically a fruit, I know) to portions of your choosing.
Tear lettuce leaves and add to salad bowl or plate and top with fruit, tomatoes and avocado.  Add chicken.  Serve with cilantro lime dressing, recipe here. 


This was truly a refreshing and delicious salad and allowed me to reuse my cilantro-lime salad dressing that I love so much!  As a bonus, it called for ingredients that were a perfect dinner for the baby, and he loved it as much as I did.  I need more of these time-saving dinner ideas!

For the baby: salad and tomatoes excluded, and peas (for iron) added.  Photos: my own.
Pair with Sauvignon  blanc, suggesion: Concha Y Toro Explorador ($10, Chile)

Cheers!
Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment