Sunday, May 5, 2013

Guilt-Free Jalapeno-Infused Margarita

Happy Cinco de Mayo, all!

I've been so slammed with work this week.  I took a weekend-long professional workshop that had me up at 6 a.m. and studying until the wee hours, so the first thing I wanted when I was 'released' today was a delicious margarita in the spirit of this Cinco de Mayo.

Of course, after three days of company sponsored carbo-loaded meals, and no time to think of preparing something healthy as an alternative, I wanted to indulge but also avoid the extra calories that a simple margarita can pack, since margaritas often contain more than a whole meal's worth of calories.  Stunning, I know!

So fear not, my waistline-watching good grapes.  This recipe is fresh, easy, delicious, and tastes better than most on-the-rocks-margaritas.  As an added bonus, it also has a subtle kick of heat in the aftertaste. This is your chips and salsa and margarita all in one!

  

Ingredients:
Fresh limes (~1 small per serving)
Tequila (I prefer Patron Silver)
Lime flavored sparkling water
Jalapeno, thinly sliced
Strawberries, sliced, for garnish (optional)




Preparation (1 serving):
Squeeze 1 oz. lime juice into measuring cup
Add 1 oz. tequila
Add 1 oz. sparkling water




Add jalapeno and strawberry garnish to glass.  Pour ingredients into shaker and shake well.  Pour into glass.  Enjoy!

All photos: my own
Cheers!
Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment