Wednesday, February 29, 2012

{Wine Wednesday} Becker Vineyards 2009 Claret

A couple of month’s ago I attended one of my closest friends’ bachelorette party (details coming in a later post) but part of the weekend included a tour of some of the Texas Hill Country wineries including our first (and in my opinion, the best) stop at Becker Vineyards. While there I tasted many of their wines and bought bottles of some of my favorites. Well this evening I came home and opened a bottle of their 2009 Claret and my oh my, it is so delicious! Their Claret wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (35%), Petite Verdot (24%), Cabernet Franc (23%) Merlot (13%) and Malbec (5%) and is matured in French and American oak barrels for 15 months. It has essences of raspberries, chocolate and spices and is great when paired with lamb, burgers (mmm) pheasant or quail. 


Cheers!
Cristi

No comments:

Post a Comment