Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's Never Too Late...


I know that New Years resolutions are supposed to start on January 1, but I’ve decided my resolutions are starting today, February 1. I noticed I’ve recently developed some bad habits that I need to shed asap so I’m setting my goals.

First, I’ve GOT to stop eating in bed. Lately I’ve had so much work to do when I get home that I’ll usually eat my dinner or snack while working in bed. This has GOT to stop. There is nothing sexy about rolling around in crumbs.

Secondly, I’ve started smoking when I drink. Ew. I know. This is terrible. I’ve got to shed this habit immediately before my teeth, skin and hair go bad. It should be noted that I’ve only have smoked maybe 5 cigarettes since this habit started—but even one is too many!

Thirdly, I’ve been eating out a lot. But I love to eat out! I mean I love food and I love catching up with my friends over a delicious meal and some wine BUT my finances would argue that this is a habit I’ve got to get control over. On that same note, I should probably control my drinking during the week. Wine has basically turned into water for me.

Fourthly, I really miss walking to work and have decided I am going to take [gasp] public transportation to a metro station that is about half a mile from my office. I used to live a mere mile from my office and would walk to/from work everyday but now that  I live in a house a littler further away I’ve been driving to work and A) it costs me $50/month to park at work and B) I really miss my walks, especially the morning ones. So with this new public transit option I can still get a little walking in on my day AND save money by not paying for parking. (my monthly DART pass is only $6!!)

And lastly, I’ve started drinking diet coke and a rather regular basis and I know it’s not good for me and need to stop. I’ll save it only for those occasions when I’m eating a delicious burger!

So those are my resolutions for now….gotta start small. Wish me luck! 

How are you doing on your New Years resolutions?

Cheers!
Cristi

No comments:

Post a Comment