Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hill Country Wrap Up

Remember the wine I was drinking last week that I told you was a souvenir from a trip to the Hill Country? Well I promised a summary of my trip, so here it is! A couple of months ago I attended on my closest friend’s bachelorette party and had a wonderful time! Her matron of honor and cousin planned the most amazing itinerary for us girls and made the weekend one to remember! Wanted to share some of the highlights from the amazing weekend! Friday we checked into the Stephen F. Austin hotel and went for dinner and drinks at the Roaring Fork restaurant in the hotel. I got the special-deconstructed Alaskan king crab on top of a corn husk filled with a hominy salad and it was TO DIE FOR. After dinner we headed to LP’s suite for a super fun lingerie shower and got to shower the bride to be with super cute and sexy lingerie followed by drinks at the Stephen F Bar & Terrace Lounge.

Saturday was the best day of it all! We boarded a bus at 10am, decked out in dresses and fascinators (if you don’t know what a fascinator is…think Kate Middleton’s super posh and pretty head pieces) and headed to three local vineyards for a day of wine tasting. Now you see why it was the best day! Our first (and my favorite) stop was Becker Vineyards where I sampled 6 of their fabulous wines and fell in love with their Tempranillo which I ended up purchasing a bottle of! The second vineyard we want to was Grape Creek Vineyards and the third was Torre di Pietra Vineyards.  It was such a fun day filled with my favorite things, pretty dresses, the best of friends and amazing wines! The hill country of Texas is probably one of my most favorite places in the US! It is so beautiful and away from the hustle and bustle of the city but also a convenient 1hr drive from Austin. I’ll definitely be back for another Texas Hill Country wine tour! Who’s coming with me?

Later Saturday night we headed to dinner at Carlos Santana’s famed Maria Maria restaurant and then hit the town dancing for a super fun filled night. The whole weekend was a great success and I am so happy for LP and everything her future holds! 


 Cheers!
Cristi

No comments:

Post a Comment