Okay, so here it goes:
1 plain rotisserie chicken, shredded
~16 corn tortillas
2 white or yellow onions, diced
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 bottle green salsa, HERDEZ is the best
1 can of a creamy Campbell's soup (this recipe has worked well with low fat cream of chicken, poblano pepper and southwestern pepper jack - what I used this time)
sour cream (or ff plain Greek yogurt as a substitute)*
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro*
1. lightly toast tortillas directly on the oven rack at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes
2. cook soup over stovetop on low heat
3. shred the rotisserie chicken, puting pieces in large bowl
4. add diced onions to chicken
5. add cheese to chicken mix
6. open the jar of salsa and pour contents into a medium sized bowl
7. dip warmed tortillas in green salsa
8. Spoon a small amount (about 1.5 tbsp) of soup into a dipped tortilla. Top with chicken, onion and cheese mixture. Roll tortilla.
9. Repeat steps 7-8, placing rolled tortillas in a 9x13 baking dish, in a row
10. combine remaining salsa and soup, mix
11. Pour salsa and soup mixture over rolled enchiladas.
12. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
12. Top with optional garnishes: queso fresco, sour cream and cilantro
I swear these were amazing! SO EASY too! Enjoy!