Sunday, March 20, 2011

We are what we Carry

Spring to me means sun, long days, bike rides, pedicures and color.
 
I caught a moment this evening to review my growing stack of catalogs and magazines, and penciled my list of must-haves.  I'm a quality over quantity girl, and adding a few pieces to my growing collection here and there gets me all sorts of giddy!  Luckily, it seems as if some of last year's trends are here to stay, at least for another season:  the gold boyfriend watch, the espadrille, printed tops, shorts, white denim and bold dresses. 

Since I already have all of these and can't wait to wear them again this year, maybe I will splurge on that Mulberry Bayswater bag I've been eyeing.  Maybe.  The everyday bag is essential, and as such, demands thought and strategy.  Afterall, you wear three things everyday:  your face, your hair and your bag.  If you invest so much time and energy on the first two, why would you ever neglect the third? 

This weekend, a friend asked if I could recommend an every day bag for her, and I sent her my five favored options: the Longchamp crocodile-embossed leather bag, the kate spade New York 'cobble hill-leslie' leather satchel, the Cole Haan Kendra bag, the J. Crew Sawyer hobo and the Banana Republic Market tote. I thought I would share, incase you're contemplating a new everyday look to wear on your arm.


Longchamp
kate spade
Cole Haan
J. Crew
Banana Republic

If it's true that you can know everything about a woman by the contents in her bag, then I would argue that a beautiful bag is the starting point for discovering the mystery within.
Ana

2 comments:

  1. Love. Love. Love. What a wonderful idea Ramon sisters! I look forward to reading! - Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great writing, great bags, great girls... I can't wait to read more! Loving you!

    ReplyDelete