Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wine Wednesday!

We're mid-way through the work week, which means... pour me a glass of wine!  Here are the good grapes we enjoyed this week:


Mami and Papi served a delicious bottle of Malbec at family dinner this week and Jackie and Cristi left wishing there was more of it to pass around!  The vintage was Seleccion 2008 and the Vinter was Alamos.  I received a bottle of this for my birthday and I understand the positive reviews!  At under $20 a bottle and rated 90 points by Wine Enthusist, this is an excellent wine for taking to a dinner party.  Its intense aromas and variety of flavors compliment almost anything that is served.  Malbec seems to be the family selection lately, must be because Papi is dying to take that trip to Argentina!


I hosted my girlfriends for a dinner of homemade pizza (and wine) and a friend brought a bottle of Delas St. Esprit Cotes-du-Rhone.  Intense, full bodied and deep garnet in color, it was the perfect compliment to the variety of pizza toppings offered.  




Cheers!
Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment