Friday, October 28, 2011

The Inspiration Board

Last week I moved into the most adorable house in the M-streets district of Dallas and as with every move, there was some redecorating to be done.

Earlier this year, TGG (that would be the three good grapes) went to an estate sale and Jackie  found the most amazing vintage gold frame for me. I had no idea what I would use the frame for but it was a bargain for an amazing piece and well, who am I to say no to an incredible deal? So I bought it and its been sitting in a closet for the past 7 months. I finally hauled it out of the closet last week and decided to get to work on my first project for the new place—an inspiration board!

Here are the steps to creating your own inspiration board: 

1)  Find a fabulous frame (thrift stores, garage sales and estate sales will be your best bets!) 



2)  Purchase some poultry netting (a fancy term for chicken wire) from your local hardware store. (I purchased mine from Home Depot) 
3)  Measure the poultry netting to the dimensions of your frame and use wire cutters to cut the netting. Use a staple gun to attach the poultry netting to your frame. 

5)  Hang your new inspiration board on your wall.


6)  Use clothespins (I purchased my French Script clothespins from The Cottage Market) to hang pictures, notes, etc from your inspiration board.

Simple, fun and amazing! I love my new inspiration board! 

Cheers!
Cristi

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this!!!! I'm definitely making something similar for my office!

    ReplyDelete