Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

I know I've previously shared my love for pancakes on this blog, but among the reasons I prefer fall over all other seasons is because I get to make pumpkin pancakes (and other delicious pumpkin flavored sweets).  I'm hoping to bake these this weekend,and  I'd like to give you the chance to indulge too!  The recipe is super simple and such a treat!  Enjoy!

image via google
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground allspice (substitute recipe here, or just add 1/2 tsp extra cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt


Directions:
In a large bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. In a second bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine. 


Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot. 

Cheers!
Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment