Thursday, October 20, 2011

{Thrifty Thursday} Thrift Store Finds

Remember I asked you a while back if you thrift?  Do you?  I've stumbled upon a couple of go-to thrift stores in the DC area and after redecorating one bedroom, one home office, one living room and one entryway, you better believe thrifting is my new black.  A favorite purchase of mine is this gorgeous set.  I purchased the tray at an estate sale in Dallas for $4 and knew I wanted to incorporate it into the vignette I would plan for the dresser in our new guest bedroom.  It was small, but I really wanted to find a pitcher and a pair of glasses for it.  The set would be both pretty and practical.  Luckily, I found a small pitcher with a sterling silver base at a Maryland thrift shop for $14 and the glasses you see were $0.50 each at the same store. 

Thrifting is hit or miss for me, and this visit was a total hit.  I promise, the guest bedroom makeover is coming along beautifully, but I'm taking my time with things.  I'd really like to show you progress, so here is a sneak peak at my thrifty finds and part of the vignette I created for the dresser.


Cheers!
Ana

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! Seriously, when are we going thrift store/estate sale hunting? And nachos? :)

    ReplyDelete