Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Shrimp Pad Thai

I'm sad my fish sauce recipes are ending this week, but I've saved the best for last!  This is my favorite Pad Thai recipe and it comes from Cooking Light, so you know it's better than going for take out!  I prepare my version just the slightest bit different from the Cooking Light version, adding sriacha hot sauce and coating the shrimp in the Pad Thai sauce instead of adding them separately.  I hope you love it as much as I do!

Photo: myrecipes.com

Ingredients:
8 ounces wide rice stick noodles (Banh Pho)
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tsp sriacha hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
3/4 cup (1-inch) sliced green onions
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
2 tablespoons chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts, ground*

Preparation:
Place noodles in a large bowl. Add hot water to cover; let stand 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Whisk ketchup, sugar, fish sauce, sriacha, and pepper in a medium bowl. 
Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; sauté 2 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove shrimp from pan, add to ketchup mixture, coat shrimp, set aside. 
Heat 4 teaspoons of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add eggs; cook 30 seconds or until soft-scrambled, stirring constantly. Add sprouts, green onions, and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add noodles and shrimp; cook 3 minutes or until heated. Sprinkle with peanuts.
*I grind my peanuts in the blender
Cheers!
Ana

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh it's 8 in the morning and i am salivating over this lol I must try this recipe asap!

    ReplyDelete