Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wine Wednesday!

I've been enjoying the same bottle of vino all week.  From the Tuscan town of Montalcino, Col Di Sasso, or 'Stony Hill' in Italian, is made up of two of my favorite reds - Cabernet Sauvignon and Sangiovese.  I came across this wine when picking an assortment of Italian wines to serve at my 30th birthday party.  We had just returned from a wine tasting and culinary trip through Tuscany, so to continue the theme, my party featured only Tuscan wines.  This was one, and I've enjoyed it since.  


The bottle comes from the Banfi family of wines and is one of their most popular labels.  It is not as full bodied as a Cabernet Sauvignon, but still beautifully concentrated yet light enough to enjoy with cheese or light summer meals.  At under $10 a bottle, I am pleased I came across this brand and added it to our collection. 

Cheers!
Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment