Friday, May 6, 2011

{April Book Review} Climbing the Career Ladder in Louboutins

I know this review comes a week late, but we just had so much royal wedding fever to gab about.  And yes, that wedding lived up to all of our expectations!  Anyway, as we mentioned in our previous review, April's book was Girl on Top: Your Guide to Turning Dating Rules into Career Success.

As a self-defined career success (what else can you become after landing your dream job a year out of college?), I appreciated that a successful woman took the time to speak to other female peers on terms we can ALL relate to, regardless of our places in our careers. 

Author Nicole Williams draws parallels from a book all three of us keep close, The Rules: Time Tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right.  A friend loaned me this book in college and I immediately ordered three copies to gift as stocking-stuffers for Jackie and Cristi (who were still in high school at the time), and to keep for myself; I am referencing this book as I write this post.  While some may consider the latter book outdated and outlandish by today's standards, the common theme in both books is self respect, knowing your self worth, learning how to play the games that the guys have become so good at, and of course, not settling for less that what your heart desires.  Lastly, I love a woman who can tell us how simply being a woman can help us get ahead (and no, not in THAT  way!).   Visit your library or amazon.com and pick up a copy!
Photos from http://www.amazon.com/


Cheers!
Ana

1 comment: