Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Refreshing Recipe: Avocado Buttermilk Soup

When I came across this Avocado-Buttermilk soup recipe in Cooking Light a year ago, I tore it out and made it that week.  It's perfect for enjoying outside on a sunnny evening, glass of vino in hand.  Sometimes I even prepare just the crab salad portion and eat it with crackers. 

Why do I love this recipe?  It combines so many of my favorite flavors - avocado, tomatillo, serrano pepper, garlic and crab to make a deliciously thick and savory room-temperature soup.  Second, it's incredibly quick and easy to make and the end result looks pretty impressive, doesn't it?  Last, it tastes amazing paired with a buttery chilled white wine. 

I took some pictures to share, don't mind that they came from my phone and aren't the best resolution!


Simply cinch: add fat free buttermilk and chicken broth to a blender of 5 ingredients, puree and serve.

Delicious crab salad topping, or dip paired with crackers on a light supper evening
Photos my own


1 comment:

  1. Wow, this looks seriously yummy!! I will have to give it a try

    ReplyDelete