Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Food is Love!

The other day, my friend and TGG reader sent me this bumper sticker.  She said she thought of me when she saw it and I am flattered!  Food is love.  I know this now but maybe I didn't when we were younger.  Sometimes we dismissed my mother's efforts to make a delicious meal and requested sugary cereals and soft drinks - items she forbade in the house - instead.  When asked why not she'd simply say, "Because I love you, that's why."  My father is just as loving.  Every morning, as he still does today, he is up at dawn cooking a breakfast feast for the family.  It was our greatest lesson: family first.  We started the day at the table together.  It was brain food, he called it.  It was last minute test prep and extra encouragement to begin the day.  It was our only time at the table as a family once our over-scheduled extra curriculars took over.  It was, and still is, love. 

Cheers!
Ana

1 comment:

  1. It's so true! LOVE our family dinners and breakfasts! And remember how Papi would pack our lunches too with special "daddy sandwiches"? And even now...when we're all older and living out of the house we still have family dinner AT LEAST every Wednesday night at mom & dad's! Love our family! Move back!!! xo Cristi

    ReplyDelete