Thursday, November 10, 2011

{Thrifty Thursday} Hostess Essentials

First, let's get down to the thrifty.  Bloomingdale's is having a holiday friends and family event through Sunday.  20% off most sale and regular priced items when you enter code HAPPY at checkout.  Don't forget to also use code FREESHIP11 to qualify your order for free shipping. Bloomingdale's is my absolute favorite place to find beautiful dining and entertaining pieces.  I wish I could register all over again so that I could register off of their website!  

One of the things I would register for, knowing my love for hosting large dinner parties, are plates specifically for entertaining.  I already covered thrifty entertaining stemware in a previous post, and today we'll shop a few classic essentials for the rest of your dining table. 

First, you will want a set of 12 dinner plates.  Bloomingdale's offers a collection by 10 Strawberry Street that fits the budget of any hostess.  After the discount, you pay less than $30 for the set. 

Set of 12 dinner plates, $29 after discount
Second, I would buy 24 salad plates.  This is appropriate both for smaller dinner parties to use as salad plates or for larger parties where you want to serve mainly heavy appetizers.  10 Strawberry Street offers a great collection.

Set of 12 salad plates, $21 after discount
And last, I actually get the most use out of my Crate and Barrel appetizer plates.  I have 36 of them and find they come in handy for parties large and small. 
Set of 12 appetizer plates, $22.95 (10 Strawberry Street sells a set for $26 after discount)

Happy Shopping and holiday entertaining!
Cheers!
Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment