Friday, September 2, 2011

{Good Grapes Destination} Asheville, North Carolina

It has been a whirlwind summer and it's all winding down with what I hope is a relaxing weekend in the mountain home we've rented in the Appalachians.  We plan to spend our days in nearby Asheville, which I've only heard amazing things about over and over.  I am so looking forward to this trip.  It's my first solo getaway with Z since Italy in January... and we've been on planes to one destination or another more weekends than not this year!  Always for friends and family, so this time it's just about us.  I didn't do a ton of research, but I did ask a few friends for 'musts' while visiting, and we've selected a few venues we will absolutely check out.  The rest of the time will be spent reading, sitting, sleeping... you know, the things I'm supposed to have time to do in normal life. 

We're definitely touring the Biltmore Estate (where I hear they have a fabulous cellar!)

google images

We're stopping by Pisgah Brewery to enjoy a band Z loves - Del McCoury Band


Attend the North Carolina Apple Festival (ummm the breakfast alone makes me want to be there now!)

italianfood.net
We are popping in to dine at Tupelo Honey Cafe




So that's our weekend!  How will you spend yours?  
Cheers!
Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment