Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tomato Peach Salad

Since  summer will officially be over by the end of the week (sigh), I thought it would be appropriate to share one final seasonal recipe.  I served this Tomato Peach Salad with crab cakes the other night and it was really a perfect compliment.  I used what remained and served it on the side of pork chops the next evening.  This recipe is simple and really tasty.  This summer, I've learned to actually enjoy fruit mixed with other savory ingredients!  First Mango Avocado Salsa, and now this.  Loving it.

Photo: My own

There really isn't much of a recipe, so I'll just tell you what I did:
Slice 2 tomatoes into wedges (4-6 per tomato)
Slice 2 cored peaches into wedges (6 wedges per peach)
Thinly slice half of a red onion (I'm sure white works here too); add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl.
Drizzle a conservative amount of apple cider vinegar and olive oil over ingredients.
Season with sugar (white or brown), salt and pepper.  Mix salad and serve.

Cheers!
Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment