Thursday, September 29, 2011

{Thrifty Thursday} White Giraffes

Oh my, excuse me if all I have on my mind is the baby shower I'm co-hosting this weekend.  When Lilly mentioned incorporating giraffes into her shower decor (she has chosen a darling giraffe crib outfit), I immediately thought of Jonathan Adler's version and wanted to get my hands on one in time to use it as a main centerpiece.  Then reality hit... money doesn't grow on trees, does it? 

Luckily for me, I happened to be at Marshall's searching for onesies to pin on the onesie banner, and I happened upon the home goods aisle as I always do, 'just in case.'  You'd never believe what I found!  No Jonathan Adler, but a giraffe nonetheless.  It was silver.  I needed one that was white.  Hold it- did you know Home Depot has $0.98 spray paint?  Only in two colors- black and white, but guess what?  It worked!  Total purchase: $14 ($12.99 + $0.98) and one DARLING white giraffe.  Thank you, Marshall's!

Jonathan Adler ceramic giraffe, $120, Nordstrom.com

My thrifty find of the week

Partial view of my 'before' giraffe
Cheers!
Ana

1 comment:

  1. SO cute! I love good finds like that, especially right when you need em!

    ReplyDelete