Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wine Wednesday!

What a lovely trip to Asheville we had over the long weekend!  Even lovelier was finding out that our tour of the Biltmore Estate included a wine tasting at their famed winery.  OH. EM. GEE y'all, what a surprise it was to see at least 20 varietals all available for tasting and ALL incredibly delicious.  The estate has a wine club and I'm thinking that I may reward myself with membership after my house projects are completed.  We sampled the tasting included in the price of admission, and I was in love.  For a little bit more, visitors can taste their premium selections, which also include sparkling wines, and if what we tasted was so wonderful I can't imagine what the premium wines would taste like!  

I was split for favorites between the Cabernet Sauvignon and the Cardinal's Crest - two very different reds.  Their reds were just excellent.  We sampled seven!  We bought the Cardinal's Crest to enjoy with dinner that night because it was a lighter red, versatile, and easy to drink outside while reading up in the mountains.  It had strong notes of fruit and a very smooth finish.  I want to go back for more!

Enjoying wine at the cabin

 That's me, at the Biltmore
Dallas wine lovers can find Biltmore wines at Kroger, Central Market and Majestic Liquors.  DC area wine lovers can find the wines at Best Cellars, World Market, Giant, Harris Teeter and Total Wine.  Wine.com also offers the fine wines.  To find a retailer near you, click here.

Cheers!
Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment