Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pecan Crusted Chicken

It's officially football season and that means football watching parties and food!  I've got the perfect recipe for the next time your friends invite you over and you don't want to show up empty handed.  These Pecan Crusted Chicken tenders are easy to make and a crowd pleaser. 

Stephanie Foley, Everyday with Rachael Ray
Ingredients:
1 cup pecans crumbs (I grind mine in the food processor or blender)
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 pound chicken breast tenders
1/4 cup honey mustard

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Pour pecans into a shallow baking dish (I use a Pyrex pie dish).  Stir in bread crumbs and basil.  Season with salt and pepper.  
Rub each chicken breast with honey mustard, then coat with pecan mixture.  Place on non-stick baking sheet, then drizzle with olive oil (I use about 1 tablespoon).  Bake until juices run clear, about 15-20 minutes. 

This is a Rachael Ray Take 5 Recipe and I use chicken breast tenders instead of whole breasts.  Sometimes I get fancy and use this same method only on large cooked shrimp, baking until golden.

On another note, not much to report on the house because I've been away and not really getting it together domestically, but I did manage to set up Z's man cave bar in time for some good old game watching.

Sorry for the blur... still no camera!

More on the home improvements in upcoming posts, I promise.  You can check out my dining room transformation at Emerald Cidade, one of our favorite blogs!

Cheers!
Ana 

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm that looks so good! And easy! Any dish encrusted with nuts jumps 20 points in my book :)

    ReplyDelete