Wednesday, September 14, 2011

{Thrifty Thursday} Fur Ever and Ever

Note: posting tomorrow's post tonight because for a few more hours, you can save from Neiman Marcus Last Call, where I scored this week's thrifty find. All fall trends are an extra 25% off!  Happy Shopping!  We will be posting Wine Wednesday tomorrow.


While owning fur anything isn't necessarily cheap, there are ways to buy a lasting piece without paying the equivalent of a down payment on a luxury car.  While the thriftiest ways to own a great fur are through inheritence (we each got one of our grandmother's gorgeous old coats), consignment shops (I've seen some classic fox and mink stoles around town that you wouldn't believe!), and off-season sales (reduced up to 70% of retail value!), I chose to head over to Neiman Marcus Last Call and try my luck at last year's stock. 
I walked away with a gorgeous long rabbit fur vest and paid a tiny fraction (after an in-store coupon!) of what similar current styles are selling for (see here, here, here and here to be convinced).  The price justification met all of my demands: it was on my wish list, it compliments items already in my wardrobe, it's versatile, I will wear it for seasons to come and lastly, it's flattering.  I happen to love anything fur, and thought a vest was just what I needed hanging in my closet.  I've even pieced together a few outfits to wear it with.  Thank goodness for outlets and smart shopping!  
Steal the look!  vest, as seen on Olivia P and capelet, as seen on Ashley O.

No shopping required!  The above are similar to items already in my closet.  To shop the looks, from left to right:
outfit 1: boots, black leggings, sweater
outfit 2: flats, jeans, blouse
outfit 3: booties, jeans, blouse
outfit 4: dress and boots with black tights

Cheers!
Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment