Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mango Avocado Salsa

I have to start this post noting that I'm not your typical 'sweet' salsa fan.  I don't like fruits in my jars of spice.  For me, the spicier the better; fruit need not apply.  So what on earth inspired me to make my new favorite 'Mango' salsa?  Maybe it was my craving for mango after spending a week with my mother (mango is her favorite), maybe it was my love for the fresh Guacamole salad Jackie introduced us to in May, but whatever it was, thank goodness!!  You'll love this all natural salsa for it's texture and flavor - the mango so wonderfully compliments ALL of the ingredients and you'll savor this sunny day treat and keep it in your recipe boxes forever.  It's that good.  
Photo via Google
Fresh Mango Avocado Salsa Recipe
1/2 cup diced peeled mango
1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1/3 cup diced onion (red or white - I used white for my version)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper

1/4 tsp kosher salt
Uses:
I used the salsa as a topping for the pork chops we grilled that night.  You can also use it as filling for chicken tacos or as a dip with your favorite blue corn tortilla chips (which is how I ended the meal - as in, the whole bowl of salsa gone in one sitting). 

No comments:

Post a Comment