One of my most favorite childhood pastimes is the road trips we used to take as a family. The sites, the sounds, the open road, the fresh air…it all just brings such great joy to my heart. Just last week I made a road trip from Dallas to Atlanta and it was wonderful. We went through 5 different states: Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia. What made this trip so great? Well a few essential items:
- The scenes: Bridge crossing into Mississippi over the River.
- Fun stops along the way: Harrah’s Casino in Shreveport, LA
- Junk food: My first taste of Taco Bell…de.lish.
- A handsome boy to drive you around doesn’t hurt either J
- Gas station snacks are a must: I love spicy food (in this case I went with Hot Buffalo Bugles over the Fire Hot Cheetos) and a diet coke
- The wide open road.
- Last but not least remember this: music up and windows down.
|Photos: My own|