Thursday, July 14, 2011

{Thrifty Thursday} Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

Tomorrow marks the start of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (pre-sale is going on now so rush over to take first dibs on your favorite fall pieces!) and this sale is one of our favorite ways to start shopping for new fall items at discounted prices.  I can't think of any other high end retailer that puts it's most coveted items on sale BEFORE the collection's season begins, but it's been going on for years so there must be some sense to all of it.  I've made my own list of must-haves for this fall and have included some of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale finds among them, along with some other Anniversary Sale favorites which I will just have to admire because they won't be finding a home in my closet. 

This fall I will definitely add a fur vest to my wardrobe.  I've seen some fox and rabbit vests that work for me.  Nordstroms will offer a discounted faux fur long vest for a limited time only:
 
fur vest: $98.90.  After sale: $148.

Also, this fall you'll notice an invasion of capes and capelets, which means, I'll be taking my darling wool capelet out from storage to enjoy for another season.  You can pick from a variety if you shop the sale:

wool capelet: $389.90.  After Sale: $595

Left, Capes: $89.90-$399.90.  After sale: $138.00-$695.00; Right, I'll take this $58.90 ($88 after sale) poncho for my wardrobe, as I know it will help mix it up with my skinny jeans of all shades and compliment both my black Ferragamo boots and my brown Frye boots.  Win!  All photos snapped from norstrom.com catalog 
Cheers!
Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment