Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Barbecued Pribe Rib Bones

My oh my I hope my fellow grapes lit up their grills this past holiday weekend!  If not, savor a night this week and try our new rib recipe.   Hubby got grill happy and we searched through our mountain of recipe collections to find something new and savory.  We grilled ribs with a Dijon marinade and it was top notch!  Allow a couple of hours (though best when kept overnight) for the beef to absorb the flavors of the marinade.    

Dijon Marinade:
1/3 cup Djion mustard
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil (or salad oil)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp thyme leaves
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
In a small bowl, combine first two ingredients.  Whisk.  While whisking, add olive oil, gradually.  Beat in garlic, then thyme leaves, sauce and pepper.  Pour over ribs, turn to coat.  


Rib Preparation:
You will need up to six pounds of rib bones.  Arrange them in a large shallow pan and marinade.  Let stand for at least two hours.  

Place bones on lightly greased grill four to six inches above a solid bed of hot coals (or atop upper rack on a gas grill, lit med-high).  Cook, turning and basting frequently with marinade, until done to your liking.  Cut to test (20-25 minutes recommended for medium rare on charcoal grill.  A little less for gas).  

The one pound serving size was worth the calories but also the reason I doubled up on workouts this week (counting vacation consumption as well)!  To cut calories, enjoy just a couple of ribs and fresh grilled vegetables like our grilled corn on the cob and shrimp-stuffed Poblano chile peppers.  Enjoy!

Cheers!
Ana

PS- I know my pics haven't been so great.  I'm reliant on my cell phone for pictures ever since my camera broke a few months ago.  I think I'll have a new camera (save for any unexpected expenses) by the end of the month.  Thanks for baring with the phone pics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment