Monday, July 18, 2011

{We're Obsessed!} Rent the Runway

It always surprises me when I'm asked if I've heard about the fabulous online closet known as Rent the Runway.  We mentioned it in last week's post and over a dozen of our fashionably fabulous readers chimed in with a thank you of sorts.  Ladies, this website has been thriving for some time and I couldn't love the concept more!  I've previously blogged about the lack of space in my closet, maybe I've hinted towards the lack of funds in my bank account and so, enter Rent the Runway.  Amaze.  The way it works is as simple as its concept: wear something fabulous and don't worry about never wearing it again.

Top five reasons why we're obsessed with Rent the Runway:
5) The girlfriends who co-founded this site sound like so much fun.  I have just added them to my 'dream dinner table.'
4) The buyers and style team have carefully calculated and exquisite taste.  There isn't a dress on here that isn't suited for a certain event, be it your rehearsal dinner, a wedding, an inauguration ball or a girls' night in Miami.
3) It's a one-stop-shop for a head to toe look - frock, accessories and handbags.
2) Perhaps a tie with #1, when they change out seasons, they put their slightly used collections for sale!  At a fraction of the cost! As in, you're THIS much closer to owning that Temperly London dress, or that Halston Heritage one, or that Herve Leger number.  All could be yours.
1) Let's be honest, in this era of smartphones and Facebook, you know you already think twice about wearing something that's been photographed.  Even when you wear it among different social circles.  Renting gorgeous designer dresses is the is the new bargain shopping. 

Does it get any easier?   
All photos, Rent the Runway


Cheers!
Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment