If you bake even just a little bit, you probably already have all of these ingredients in your pantry. Just pick up some whipping cream and a pint of strawberries and you're good to go!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, plus additional to taste for berries
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 9- by 13-inch pan. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, 1 1/2 cups cream, and eggs until smooth, creamy, and quite thick.
- 2. Pour batter into pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss strawberries with sugar to taste and let stand for at least 20 minutes. Whip remaining cup cream to soft peaks. Serve cake topped with strawberries and their juices and whipped cream.